I was walking home in intesipation of cooking and shooting pictures for this soup recipe. And was walking for less than a minute. When the loud sound of thunder sounded over head and the rain started poring down, making me instantly wet. As I kept walking the rain got harder and my rain coat started leaking threw. By the time I got home, my backpack was a watery mess of wet papers and dripping blue ink. And my clothes were wet like I fell in a river. With shoes full of cold rain water I finally made it home. This just shows how when you think the hot summer weather is here to stay. You are proven wrong by the rainy weather in Portland So on future days like this. Make yourself a bowl of warm soup and enjoy the rest of your day.
• 4 cups chopped Broccoli
• 2 1/2 cups Vegetable broth
• Half Celery stalk
• Half Chopped Onion
• 1 1/2 cup water
• 2 tbs butter
• 1 tbs olive oil
• 1/2 tbs parsley
• 2 tbs cilantro
• 1 clove garlic
• 1/2 tbs Tarragon
• 1 tsp fresh or dried oregano
1) In a medium sized Dutch oven or pot add butter and olive oil, on medium heat.
2) Chop up half of a onion and half a stalk of celery, then add into pot and cook for about 5 minutes stirring often.
3) Then stir in garlic and chopped herbs parsley, oregano,cilantro and tarragon cook for 30 seconds.
4) Add chopped broccoli, broth and water then bring to a simmer and cook for about 7 minutes, add some salt and pepper.
5) Purée the soup in a blender (while still hot, using caution)
6) Taste the soup to see if more salt and pepper is needed.
This soup is best served with a rustic French bread or your favorite sandwich. You can add a swirl of olive oil on top for garnish and some extra flavor, enjoy.
Feel free to comment on what you liked or recipes and changes you would like to see in the future...thanks for reading!